The end of December will mark the third quarter point for this financial year, making it a good time for a business health check.
Comparing your past nine months with the same period in previous years can show if your business has been growing, and most accounting programmes will easily produce year-to-date reports.
What to look out for and think about:
• How do you think the next three months will go?
• Have you had better growth this year than you expected – what about next year?
• If you had growth this year – have you saved enough for tax (or too much)?
• Is your gross profit better or worse than last year? Why?
• Will you need extra staff, equipment or stock?
• Do you have the systems to run your business well?
Of course, we are always happy to give you a hand.